Factual Friday: Zoe Says Goodbye

 To our followers,

Today I am writing my last Factual Friday blog. It has been a delight working as WRL’s social media intern for the past 10 months, but alas, the time has come for me to embark on my next adventure. Before I do, I have a few more things I’d like to tell you. Today’s edition of (not so) Factual Friday: My Goodbye.

(photo from pexels.com)

I began this internship in July of 2020. At the risk of stating the obvious, last summer was a whirlwind and not in a good way. WRL became a wonderful source of consistency and a creative outlet amongst the chaos. What I wanted to do with this internship, and all I’ve really ever wanted to do, is create content that brings people joy. We’re all quite familiar with the notion that life can be scary and hard, so if something I wrote or created can provide comfort or an escape, then I’ve accomplished what I set out to do.

In short, I started Factual Friday because knowledge is power. I really do think that the more you know, the farther you can go. I also wanted to address topics that girls our age would benefit from knowing more about. It’s true that social media can be a learning tool, but often, you don’t know where people get their information from. I wanted to provide content that was researched and cited so you could feel confidently about what you were reading. It’s important to know where exactly people get their information from and to think critically about both the information and the source.

Thank you to the WRL team for giving me such an amazing opportunity. I am immensely appreciative of your kindness and warmth and willingness to give me so much creative freedom. It has been an absolute pleasure being your social media intern.

        Thank you to our followers, creating content for you has been so fun! It means a lot that you care enough to read these blogs and interact with our posts.

And with that, I wish you a Factual Friday and a fun weekend!

Signing off,

      Zoe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Factual Friday: Summer Job

Factual Friday: Daisy Bates

Factual Friday: Fast Fashion